Friday 7 October 2011

One Step Backward

Well the past week and a bit has been a drama for us. Our CLE had called us and advised that the PCI would need to be postponed due to things not being finished on time. Things like our front door not being fixed, wiring getting stolen during pre-plaster stage, tiling and tile grouting not done. Things just seemed to be mounting up. We thought at this rate we'd be lucky to move in before Christmas.

Well I'm glad to say we received another call from our CLE. We've been given a new PCI date :) I won't tell you guys though coz I don't want to jinx it again :) Next time we speak we should (fingers crossed) have completed the PCI and be one step closer to Handover.

5 comments:

  1. So, so close now. Can you even imagine how people cope that have issues all the way through their build??
    Fingers crossed for a speedy final push to the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Few weeks ago someone had tried to enter my house breaking the alfresco door. Door was damaged. It hasn't been fixed and my pci is tentatively booked in at end of this month. I also doubt that day coz I have also report few other defects as well. I think getting tradies in to fix these things just take time..I hope it won't be too long for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new PCI date....!! hope everything goes well....(Fingers crossed)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I went over to the house today and the painter was there touching up. Looks like the tradies are back on site doing their thing. There were red stickers everywhere. Things are looking god :)

    Reinsey, I know what you mean about other people with problems throughout their build. I have a friend who's building with another major builder. They started two months before us and they still don't even have their flooring in yet. So I guess we're pretty lucky.

    ReplyDelete